Wales vs Iran Preview :
A Group B match Wales vs Iran will take place on November 25, 2022. Iran must still be recuperating from their 2-6 loss to England, while Robert Page’s team Wales is coming off a 1-1 draw against the USA.
Monday saw Wales‘ first campaign match against the United States. Once again, Gareth Bale came to Wales‘ rescue by scoring the equalizing goal from the penalty spot in the 82nd minute of play.
If either side wins this game, they have a good chance of moving on to the knockout round, but if they lose or draw, they are both in a very precarious position.
Wales, who tied the United States late for a point, is aware of the importance of winning and having a positive goal difference. If they can win, they’ll want to score a lot of goals in order to get an advantage over the United States, who are also expected to overcome Iran.
For the Middle Eastern country, a stronger performance than their initial encounter, a 6-2 loss to England, would be something to celebrate even if they don’t advance to the knockout stage.
Wales will compete to defeat Iran, the group’s bottom-ranked team, in a crucial Group B match.
Wales vs Iran Team News
- Rob Page, the head coach of Wales, will be happy to know that only Joe Allen is injured.
- The Swansea City player missed the USA match and hasn’t played since the middle of September because of a hamstring issue.
- Harry Wilson and Ethan Ampadu took over in midfield, however, Ampadu’s own health is now in question due to an injury.
- Aaron Ramsey and Gareth Bale both played the full 90 minutes against the US while facing fitness issues entering the game.
- The health of Iran’s forward Sardar Azmoun is a concern as he hasn’t played for Bayer Leverkusen since tearing his hamstring in early October. He hasn’t been able to bare 13 minutes on the ground against England.
- Alireza Beiranvand the goalkeeper of Iran had a fractured nose, because of a collision with a player from England.
Starting XIs (probable):
Wales: Hennessey, Mepham, Rodon, Davies, Roberts, Ramsey, Ampadu, Williams, James, Bale, Moore.
Iran: H. Hosseini, Moharrami, Pouraliganji, Cheshmi, M. Hosseini, Mohammadi, Jahanbakhsh, Noorollahi, Karimi, Gholizadeh, Taremi
Last 5 Matches:
|Wales (WC 2022)||USA||1 – 1||D|
|Wales||Poland||0 – 1||L|
|Wales||Belgium||1 – 2||L|
|Wales||Netherlands||2 – 3||L|
|Wales||Belgium||1 – 1||D|
|Iran (WC 2022)||England||2 – 6||L|
|Iran||Tunisia||0 – 2||L|
|Iran||Nicaragua||1 – 0||W|
|Iran||Senegal||1 – 1||D|
|Iran||Uruguay||1 – 0||W|
Head On Head:
- The only prior meeting between the two teams was in a friendly match in, and this will be the first time they play each other in a competitive game.
- Wales triumphed in that game by a score of 1-0.
- Wales has played through four losses and two draws in their previous six games across all competitions, going winless over that span.
- Iran has had three victories over that time, along with a few losses and a tie. In five of Wales‘ past six FIFA World Cup games, fewer than 2.5 goals have been scored.
- In their last 10 FIFA World Cup games, Iran has lost nine of them. Wales has scored at least one goal in 13 of their previous 14 games overall, while Iran has failed to score in just one of their past 23 games in all competitions.
to score Y / N
|+110 / -155||1/1, 8/11||21/20, 7/10||1.99 / 1.65|
|Over / Under|
|+138 / -200||6/4, 1/2||7/5, 8/15||2.41 / 1.53|
Wales vs. Iran Money line:
Match Facts/ Details:
In reality, Wales was lucky to stay in the game for the first 45 minutes despite playing poorly against the US in the first half.
Wales’s current losing streak of six games is the longest since May–November 2003.
Iran only lost five points in the last round of Asian qualifying, and they came from two matches against South Korea that ended in a tie and a loss.
Iran must win this game in order to avoid being eliminated from the world cup once more, even with a draw.
Wales is competing in their second World Cup overall and first since 1958. In that 1958 competition, a 2-1 victory over Hungary was their lone World Cup triumph.
Date: Friday, November 25, 2022
Time: 10:00 pm GMT
Location: Ahmed bin Ali Stadium, Al Rayyan
Official: Mario Escobar (Guatemala)
Who will Win:
Winner: Wales 2-1 Iran
Where to watch the game:
You can watch the FIFA World Cup for free and paid from below :